With over $100 billion dollars of value locked up in its protocols and projects, the decentralized finance ecosystem is growing and broadening its scope. The sector and its vast spectrum of activity has drawn the attention of innovators, investors, consumers, and regulators alike.
In this session our panel of experts discussed:
- The promise and evolution of DeFi
- Risk vs. reward - how investors and participants can survive and thrive on the financial frontier?
- The challenges and contradictions of regulating a parallel financial system
- The implications and potential unintended consequences of FATF’s current guidance
- How can DeFi innovation be fostered whilst protecting consumers?