From the latest FATF guidelines to the OSC requiring crypto trading platforms to be registered as securities dealers, it can be a challenge navigating the regulatory landscape for crypto businesses.
In this session our panel of experts discussed:
- The latest draft FATF guidance
- Are Canadian businesses ready to implement the FATF guidance?
- In the latest FATF draft guidance, NFTs that may possibly facilitate money laundering and terrorism funding activities will be considered VAs. Have we seen the use of NFTs in money laundering or other criminal behavior yet?
- The latest FATF draft guidance also introduces discussions around DeFi. e.g. DEXs and DeFi protocols are considered VASPs. What are the industry's concerns when it comes to regulating DeFi?
- Travel Rule — Are businesses ready to implement the Travel Rule?
- Canadian crypto regulation now and the future